2.08.2012

Te Amo

I can't wait for Valentines Day even if I don't expect much. The only Holiday I actually dread is his birthday and he doesn't even know it. I have no idea what to buy a guy for nothing, I never really bought him stuff, gift wise except for necessities.

I hate people who are so pessimistic about this day February 14. Its not that serious. If you don't have a significant other its not the end of the world, plenty of people aren't doing shit on this day. But for couples I think its a great excuse to put stuff aside and spend the day together. You see I'm not like most couples. My boyfriend and I are very busy people and its great to have these little special days to spend together and put work schedules around this day. It's all about compromising.

And with a world filled with HATE you need to  cheer up and be proud they even acknowledge LOVE and gave it its own holiday. I'm grateful. My mother has long been my sisters and mine Valentine for years! Every year I would come home from work/school and see a box of chocolates sitting on my bed. That's Love. It really is the small things. You don't need to buy expensive gifts or do anything at all.

But anywho, I'm thinking of buying him a perfume. YES a perfume. I personally hate cologne and so does he (thank Goodness) It's a Ralph Lauren perfume. It's sentimental because when I met him he smelled so good and for the next several months he wore it and it just left its imprint on me. You know how certain things are embedded in you & some things trigger that feeling/emotion/memory? Well that's what this perfume does with me.

xo Stay LOVEly.

1 comment: